The Government of the Commonwealth of Dominica and the Ministry of Carib Affairs recently held a Contract Signing and Ground Breaking Ceremony for construction of the St.Cyr Resource Center on Thursday the 8th of August 2013, at 4:00p.m., at the Salybia School in St.Cyr. Certificates were also presented to twenty-five deserving participants of the Institutional Strengthening and Capacity Development Component of that project.
The Resource Center will be constructed at cost of One Million Four Hundred and Fifty-Five Thousand, Five Hundred and Seventy-Five Dollars and Thirty-Nine Cents ($1,455,575.39) and is One (1) of the Six (6) components of the Carib Territory Community Capacity Building Project funded by the Government of Dominica through a loan from Caribbean Development Bank at a total cost of EC$ 8.6 Million.
The other components are as follows;
- Retrofitting Training – Completed
- Presentation of a local area plan for the Carib Territory – Completed
- Institutional Strengthening & Capacity Development – Completed
- Construction of Access Road form Horse Back Ridge to Touna Village Concord – Progressing satisfactorily
- Construction of a Farine (Manioc) Processing Plant – in the planning stages
The function was attended by the Hon. Prime Minister, members of Cabinet and Parliamentary Representative of the Kalinago Territory.